Little Sister went to sleep without fussing and slept through the night.
She still woke up early, but I went in once to remind her that the sun wasn't up, and then left her in her crib until it was time to get up. She wasn't happy, but quickly got over it when I finally came in and opened the curtains to let in the morning light.
Since neither of the girls had gone back to sleep, they were both a little crabby. BUT, this was the most rest they've gotten in at least three days, and I wanted to wear them out so they would nap well, so we decided to head to the zoo. Plus, on Wednesdays admission is just $1.
We had a great time!
And before you ask, it was Big Sister's idea to wear matching outfits.We saw quite a few animals...

The prairie dog liked us a lot too. Can you see it trying to climb the glass? He was even jumping up in an effort to get to Big Sister and another little girl next to her.
The more I think about it, I wonder if the other little girl was sneaking it some food... oh well. Here's another cute little shot of our friend.
I thought it was cute. Until it bit my arm!
It didn't hurt. (I'm remembering the moment in Babe when he first tries to be a sheepdog and "bites" a sheep. "Ya got any teeth in that mouth?") But it was GROSS. I had this crescent of mud & slobber & snot caked on my arm until we left the petting area and while we waited in a long line to wash our hands. Not the most glorious moment of the day, but definitely a memory!
As was this moment when the girls happened upon this African Crowned Crane.
Big Sister thought it was hilarious. But Little Sis was not so sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment