Monday, May 3, 2010

Nightmares

Big Sister has been having a rough time going to bed lately. She notices every shadow, every noise and every movement of the curtains (or the calendar, or whatever) as they are blown by the fan.

I think this is due in part to conversations with kids at school. We were at a birthday party this weekend, and one little girl kept talking about "zombies and werewolves." I must have looked a little shocked because her mother rolled her eyes and said, "Scooby Doo." I tried to tell Big Sis that at the end of every Scooby Doo episode, they find out that the zombie or werewolf is really just a crotchety old man, but she doesn't believe me.

We don't "doo" Scooby at our house, but that doesn't mean we are free from scary villians. The Princess & The Frog spooked Big Sister enough that she hasn't wanted to watch it again. And Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and sometimes even Aladdin are too scary for her to watch by herself.

But there is another "monster" we've discussed lately. One about which Big Sis knew very little, until I opened by big mouth. And now, well, she thinks about it a lot. And draws pictures.

(warning: this is not a cute little drawing like the Earth Day fable... I'd hate for someone else to have nightmares!)

And she even sings a song.

Can you guess what it is?!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were to tell you that the only thing I can think of when I see this is Cher singing "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves", would you regret letting H. come hang out with us yesterday?

Oh...well, I'm SO glad I didn't tell you that.

Look, I so love that kid and I cannot wait to find out what this is.

Kaolinmommy said...

Bahahaha!

No, it would make me want to accompany Big Sis next time, so we can crank my "songs I play in the car when I want to sing at the top of my lungs" cd. Not only does it include that little Cher ditty, but also a few other guilty pleasure songs.

It does NOT, however, contain Big Sis' picture song... try, try again.

Becky C-S said...

The Old Woman that swallowed a fly or the itsy bitsy spider?

Deborah said...

hmmm... no clue....