Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A week ago today: Hollywood Studios

Day two of our visit to Disney World took us to Disney's Hollywood Studios (a name which, by the way, I have pretty much given up on remembering. When did they change it from MGM?)

Our first order of business was Muppet Vision 3D. Big Sis had never seen anything in 3D before, and it did not disappoint. Little Sis just liked to play with the glasses.

*please note: this picture was snapped in the lobby while we waited for the show to start. Nothing was in 3D at this point. But Big Sis (and just out of camera shot, Papa) sure did wear those purple lovelies!

Then, while I hiked into another county to get the stroller, Big Sister had a photo op with Lightning McQueen and Mater from Cars. As is evident in her face, she was not impressed. Cars are too "boyish."


Next we headed to the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playset. (On the way, we passed the Power Rangers, with a silly car and what seemed like the same goofy music & introductions as they had fifteen years ago. I had NO idea they were still around.) The girls had a lot of fun climbing and sliding. Big Sis had fun climbing on a giant ant. Little Sis did not have fun sharing with all of the other children.




From the playground we went to see Beauty and the Beast- Live on Stage. Having seen the broadway musical twice, I wasn't expecting much, but it was really cute.


The girls were mesmerized.


Have I mentioned that this is what I used to dream of doing with my life? Being Belle at Disney? Sigh. Now I think I'd have to be Mrs. Potts.


Lunch at Toy Story's Pizza Planet was yummy (much better than our burgers the night before). After potty breaks, diapering, and a little shopping...


(Man, we should have bought that Beaker hat!)

...we found ourselves in the midst of the crowd waiting for the parade- er, Block Party.


We were going to skip it, but I'm glad we didn't.


Especially because THIS is one of my favorite pictures from the whole trip:


After the parade we saw another show: Voyage of the Little Mermaid. The puppets were fantastic, and the underwater effects were fun. But the creepy laughing Ursula lighting up all over the theater was a little disturbing, and they kind of skipped the entire part of the story where Ariel lives on land. It wasn't my favorite, but Big Sis seemed to enjoy it.

Daddy & Papa went off to ride the Rock'n'Roller Coaster and Nana & I took the girls to meet some more characters. We saw Mickey in his Sorcerer's Apprentice attire. Little Sister was a little unsure at first, but she came around.



Then Big Sister and I waited forever and a day to see the cast of Up. She was the one who wanted to stay in line, but I am definitely the bigger fan.

If you haven't seen the movie, do it. Now. Seriously, stop reading this and go! For those of you who've seen it already, I'll continue...

After the characters (and some grumbling between Hubby & I over how long it took and who was waiting on whom) we did one of those things that we would never have done without preschoolers. We saw a ridiculous show with Disney Clubhouse characters. Except for the few days we were in Florida, our girls have never watched Disney Clubhouse.


But they had a blast.


We didn't get to ride the new Toy Story Mania ride, but we did get to see Buzz & Woody.

Then we packed up...


... tried to stay warm on a very windy tram ride...


...and headed home for a bath (soaps courtesy of my Auntie Ann, who knew we wouldn't be staying at a Disney hotel and provided Mickey Mouse soap anyway).


Good night, MGM.
I mean, Hollywood Studios.

Seriously, when did they change that!?




BTW, I realized I left a few pictures out of our Epcot recap, so I'm going to upload a few more to the previous post. You know, in case you missed out.

No comments: