Thursday, July 22, 2010

Things I find on any given day...

Motherhood (and pet ownership) certainly keeps things interesting. Here are some of the things I picked up and/or put away yesterday:

  • A Ken doll laying naked and alone in the middle of the hallway
  • Tiny pieces of what used to be a pouch of fruit gummies. My best guess is that the girls ate the food and Sophie ate the packaging.
  • Every throw blanket, at least twice.
  • A cereal bowl filled with cotton balls, a valentine's day decoration, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch crumbs. (?!?)
  • An empty basket that used to hold my coasters. I have no idea where they are.
  • More dishes than I could count
  • Throw rugs- once to wash, and then once to put them in their correct place after someone "helped" put them back down for me.
  • A towel on the bathroom floor that was obviously used to mop something up. I'm afraid to ask what. Okay, actually, I walked past it a few times and prayed it would go away first.
  • One shoe. Repeat. Repeat again. None of them seem to be mates. What is going on?!?
  • Someone's wings. These may go in the trash. No doubt, as soon as they do, Big Sister will begin to look for them.
  • Gigantic clods of dog hair. I'm thinking of building a new German Shepherd to leave on the porch and scare off would-be intruders.
  • Five pairs of my own flip-flops. I vow not to complain about my kids' shoes being left around the house anymore. Apparently they come by it naturally.
  • A sippy cup that contained milk. A long time ago. At least, I think that was milk.
A friend shared this article on Facebook. It's hilarious and worth the read, especially if you wonder what moms do all day and why your friends don't call you during naptime or always want to hang out in their rare kid-free moments.

Plus it's by a Washington Post writer, so maybe if I leave it up, my husband will think it's about the 'Skins, read it by accident, and hire a babysitter for the evening.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I just spotted Ken's shorts.

1 comment:

Anna said...

LOL! I love it. Sounds eerily similar to the things I pick up/put away a million times a day. Love the article, too. Read it many times, but it still makes me nod and smile. Love your writing. Love you!