... it's Jack & Jill time!
For those of you who don't know, Jack & Jill is a seasonal consignment sale here in town. It is the best! Last year I consigned some clothes for the first time, though not many. I just cleaned out a few things that were the wrong seasons for the girls or that never quite fit, along with some extra baby things. My reason wasn't to make money, although I made about $75. It was to shop before everybody else!
This year, I got to shop even earlier. I'm working a few shifts at the sale this year, so I got to shop tonight at 5:30. It was amazing! I actually saw the sale before anyone else (except the owner and those workers who set up, obviously). When our group of workers went into the building, we had the first pick of everything. It was awesome. And overwhelming! Where to start?
First, I went to the big stuff, because it always goes early. I found a Little Tykes kitchen (our girls have a kitchen but it is older and a lot more cumbersome). For $20 I found one that is like new, and I can donate our other to our new Mom's Morning Out room, where there is a lot more space. (And a need- I know, cause I'm the new director! More to come about that one...)
I also found a cute little plastic vanity and seat for $3! Other big stuff I bought: a rolling trunk filled with Duplo blocks (something we never had for Big Sister) and a cool art table with a stool, a roll of paper, and two cups for paint or storing markers & crayons. I also got a few other toys: a horse & carriage for Big Sister's princess Barbies (that will need some work), a doll stroller and some plastic food for the MMO room, and something else for Little Sis which I can't remember at this particular moment in time. The toys for the girls will be for Christmas, along with a few other things. Big Sister is saying she wants an American Girl this year- thanks McDonald's Happy Meal!
Then I went on to the clothes. We are very fortunate to have some awesome families in the church that pass clothing down to my girls. So I already had a few very cute things for this fall. And of course, since I've kept almost all of Big Sister's things, Little Sis is pretty much set. But I did find some great outfits for Big Sis to wear to school. I got two Gymboree outfits- one with three pieces. I got four play outfits: track suits, knit pants & tops, etc. I found her Christmas dress and three other darling dresses; two of them are jumpers with cute tops underneath. I got two darling sweaters. And finally, I found some cute thermal pjs with princesses on them for $2.
I couldn't leave Little Sis out, so I did find her some brand new pjs and a cute (though worn) outfit. I also found a short-sleeved one piece outfit from Gymboree that will be perfect for these still-warm early autumn days we'll be having for quite awhile. But my favorite find this year? While looking in the 4s for Big Sister, I came across a hand-made boutique style outfit with beautiful fall colors and Little Sister's monogram! I never find her name- anywhere. It will be a while before she can wear it, but I am still very excited about it!
So, after all of these purchases- the big furniture stuff, the wardrobe for Big Sister, the toys, and some cute stuff for Little Sis- can you guess what I spent? $140.
I've saved so much, I think I'll go back.
No comments:
Post a Comment