A few nights ago when I tucked Big Sister into bed, I told her that a new Your Big Backyard magazine had arrived and we could look through it together in the morning.
But I accidentally called it Ranger Rick, so then I had to explain that Ranger Rick is the same type of magazine, but for older kids- like 7 or 8.
She asked me what older kids who were 60 (I hope someone calls me an "older kid" when I'm that age!) might read instead of Your Big Backyard or Ranger Rick, and I guessed National Geographic. (If anyone is interested, the "grown-up" publication of the NWF is actually just called National Wildlife and it comes with your membership.)
I tried to close the conversation and tuck her in, but after I kissed her goodnight she asked, "Can I have Ranger Rick when I'm bigger?" and when I agreed, she continued, "You mean when I'm eight and have my rabbit and my pet tiger?"
The rabbit was one of those discussions I was hoping she would forget, when I said that maybe when she could help take care of a rabbit, we would look into having one for a pet.
I'm pretty sure we never had the same conversation about a tiger. Darn Aladdin movie...
No comments:
Post a Comment