Monday, May 25, 2009

Remembering & Honoring

After that last post, you might think I'm anti-Memorial Day. You would be wrong. I am very thankful for the men and women who have spent time in service to our country- especially those friends and relatives of ours. Because of their bravery and honor, I can tuck my children into their beds safely tonight. Many of them gave up being able to do that- and lots of other special things moms & dads do- to travel far away from their families. It is amazing to me how much military families sacrifice; I can't imagine trying to raise my girls by myself while worrying about my husband fighting halfway across the world. Or even harder to imagine: being halfway across the world while my family worried about me and my kids grew up without me. And of course, there are those who make the ultimate sacrifice and give their lives, leaving their families with cause for both pain and pride. Today my prayers are for all of these families.

No comments: