Friday, April 3, 2009

5 (of the many) reasons I love my husband:

  1. He is very thoughtful. He's been leaving me sweet little post-it notes lately to let me know he's thinking of me. I found one in the fabric softener dispenser, another when I put on my seatbelt to go to the bank, and another one with a heart made out of starburst. So sweet!
  2. I have a good time with him. Even if that time is, like yesterday, 45 minutes spent trying to get his flaming truck out of our sloping backyard in the rain & mud. Hi, we're Mr. & Mrs. Hillbilly. Nice to meet you.
  3. Even after a long day, he still finds the energy to give Big Sister horsey rides and help with bedtime. And he still tries to get up early the next morning to have time to himself and sometimes even clean up a little to surprise me.
  4. He makes me think. We have all sorts of interesting conversations about politics, theology, sports... whatever. He is intentional about asking what I've been reading or learning; it makes for great grown-up conversation and keeps me accountable for my intellectual and spiritual growth.
  5. He loves me even when I am poopy. Like this morning, when I fussed at him (a lot) because no one in our house slept between the hours of 3 and 5. I'm not always the nicest wife, but he always loves me. And that makes me want to be a better wife every day.

No comments: