Today, while bringing out our winter wardrobes, I cleaned out closets and got together a bag to take to Goodwill. It's not a very big bag because I do this fairly often, but I did find myself finally getting rid of some of those "hesitation pieces" that have stayed stashed away in the past. The truth is, we're blessed to have much, much more than enough. The question I'm trying to ask is not "Could I wear this?" but rather "Do we need this?" I'm not very good at it. It's tough. But I'm trying.
I know there are many other organizations in our area that accept donations for resale and community programs. Sometimes we take things to
America's Thrift Store or the local Baptist Association project. But I seem to default to Goodwill, without thinking. So today I reminded myself of their mission and impact. Good stuff. Important stuff. You can read it
here.
How about you? How are you giving?
No comments:
Post a Comment