My parents came to visit this weekend. Actually, they came to watch the girls while Hubby & I went away for the weekend, but the ginormous snowstorm expected on the East coast made us change our plans.
Usually when Nana & Papa visit, we just hang out at the house. But they came Wednesday night, and it has been raining for an eternity. By Friday morning we were all getting a little stir-crazy. So we loaded the girls with snacks (no hunger meltdowns for us!) and loaded them into the van. Next stop: The Discovery Museum!
There was water fun...

(even though we were soaked on the way in, they still found playing with the water to be a novel activity...)

And pretend fishing...

Big Sister took the fishing a little more seriously...
Little Sister just liked carrying around the nets.

There were dinosaur bones to be discovered...

(Look how nicely they worked together. Such a
rare sweet sight.)

...and dinosaur suits to be worn.

There were kayaks to paddle, cookies to bake, and baskets of laundry to fold.



There also were... er... temperatures to be taken.

It was a lot of fun watching the girls have fun at the museum.
I hope that Nana & Papa would agree.

But
my favorite part was sharing the museum, and the girls' experience there, with
my parents.


It was a long afternoon, and we were all pretty tired & hungry (and eventually wet) when we left, but it was a great day at the museum.
PS- I started this post on Saturday & ended it on Sunday. Is that technically back-dating? You know, for those of you who might tease me... brown eyed pea...
2 comments:
Hmmm?...I'll let you slide this time. I did think, "How did I miss yesterday's post?"
Glad that you had a great time with your parents, but sorry that the weather kept you from having a weekend away.
Love love love the temperature taking picture. That is hilarious!! :)
Post a Comment