Friday, January 8, 2010

It's eight o'clock and all is well

Okay, maybe not all...

Little Sister did keep us awake last night from 2:15 until after 5, and is currently still fussing and fighting sleep. She asked me to put her in her bed. I guess she changed her mind...


But almost all is well.

The van is back home, parked in the garage where it should be. Hubby walked down to get it this afternoon and watched a few other cars make it safely uphill before he drove home.

The streets are actually clear. No one thought they would thaw, but I'm pretty sure no one expected the sun to shine all day either. It did. I've had solar-themed Beatles songs running through my head all day.

Big Sister earned two stars on her Santa chart today. This was due to a combination of my trying very hard to find some positive things on which to focus, and a brilliant effort by Big Sis. The child even fell asleep during naptime, then woke up and went to the bathroom by herself, and then- get this- went back to sleep on her own! This is unprecedented.

The long naptime meant that I was able to shower and finish my sermon message for Sunday Night when the staff wives lead the worship service. And waste a bunch of time looking at LOLCats. Yes, I did just admit that. They're so silly!

We all ate dinner at the table at the same time tonight.

And I think Little Sister might finally be asleep.



Sigh.

All is well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am beginning to hate that LOLCats...