Sunday, February 1, 2009

Some Sunday Sappiness

I wanted to put a video on here today for a few reasons. For one, I am tired and don't have a lot of original words of my own. And I was thinking of posting something Superbowl related, like a favorite commercial, but Don Miller beat me to it. Check out his blog for today.

So, I started thinking of other videos I have thought of posting from time to time, and I decided on this one. Be warned, it is a little sappy. This song has been one of my favorite lullabies for a long time- I sang it to Hannah before she was born. I've been singing it to Lydia, too. Last night I was blessed to be nursing Lydia while Hannah settled into bed, and I got to sing it to both of my "babies." I remember it best from the movie Beaches, but it is originally from Dumbo. Hannah & I recently had a little pj party in Mommy's room & watched Dumbo together- it tore me up! Especially this scene- all you mommies, grab your kleenex.

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Wow. I think it has been a super long time since I watched Dumbo! I do remember the song from Beaches though. And I watched without crying! Woo Hoo! But I bet if I watched the whole movie again and could remember the context better I'd probably cry. I guess in a few years I'll be able to watch the Disney movies with Noah.

So can I really not type out those word verifications or what? Almost every time I try to comment on a blog I have to enter a second one!