Saturday, February 21, 2009

My new favorite lullabies

As I write this entry, I'm listening to Lydia's lullaby music through the baby monitor. Usually, it is a nice compilation of classical music, or xylophone versions of lullaby classics. Right now, it is "Yellow Submarine." On one of their last visits, my dad gave the girls a Rockabye Baby rendition of Beatles music. I'm so glad I finally remembered it at nap time! It's a lot of fun.

Of course, it is also bad, because it immediately made me go to the Rockabye Baby music store online and begin composing a wish list. Here is the list of future renditions I want (for the girls, of course!):
  1. U2
  2. The Cure
  3. Nirvana
  4. MORE Beatles
  5. The Rolling Stones
  6. Coldplay
  7. The Eagles
  8. Smashing Pumpkins
  9. GreenDay
  10. Beach Boys
Oh what the heck, I'll take them ALL! Except maybe for Tool. Oh, and although I like Metallica, I find a lullabye version of Enter Sandman to be a disturbing thought. I admit, I am a little intrigued by the Bjork album, though.

Check out the website from the above link, and see for yourself! They even have a little poll for who they should "Rockabye" next. Vote GNR, please, so I can share a cute little version of my all time favorite song with the Sweet Child(ren) of Mine. And for those of you out there who are not the least bit excited by my above list of artists, there is also a sister site of country artists: Hushabye Baby. It has Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline... OOOH! I'm going to need to make another list...

No comments: