Monday, March 7, 2011

Envy comes in shades of... white?

Our house is finally wallpaper free!  It has only taken us about 5 1/2 years, but it's all down.  The halls, kitchen, dining room, girls' room, and two of our bathrooms have all been painted and otherwise loved in the past few years.  Our living room and guest/playroom still need a new coat of paint, but they've gotten new furniture and are good for now.  That leaves one big project on my immediate agenda: Our master bedroom and bath.  Hubby and I have always been terrible about letting our bedroom become a) the place to stash any and everything, b) the room that we neglect when updating, decorating, or even cleaning, and c) the exact opposite of the haven it should be.

So, I've been looking for ideas. I'm one of those random people who likes a little bit of anything and everything, so deciding on what to do with a room can be overwhelming.  I flipped through a few pages I tore out of Better Homes or Midwest Living over the years (yes, I know I live in the south. I'm just not sure I decorate like it...) and watched countless slideshows on hgtv.com.  And then I found it.

I have never, ever, ever, ever found a room more... well... me. 

 
This bedroom comes from Donna at Funky Junk Interiors.  I hope she doesn't mind me linking to her blog post or posting this photo, because I claim NO credit for it's fantasticness.  Yes, I made that word up.

There are a few details in the other photos of the room that are a little more feminine than, well, me.  And they definitely would be a little filly for the hubs.  

But the style, the color, the roughed-up, unique, story-to-tell pieces...  I'm kind of drooling on my keyboard.

Here is a post that includes more of her home.  More to love.  And, those of you who have seen my house, work-in-progress that it is, will notice a lot of similarities in the color schemes.  I just wish I were as creative as she is!  Below is her blogging space.  AH-mazing.


 So... anyone want to hit the antique mall with me?

No comments: