Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Conversations in the Car

Today Big Sister & I had to go back to the doctor after her fifth(?) fever in as many weeks. Turns out she has a lingering sinus infection and probably needs her tonsils out. Little Sister is already scheduled to get tubes in & adenoids out at the end of the month. It's a good thing I like our ENT.

We dropped Little Sis off to hang out in Daddy's office, went to the doc, came back & picked up Little Sister & Daddy to go to lunch, dropped Daddy back at the church after lunch, came all the way home, realized we had Daddy's car keys and turned around, and then came back home again. Whew.

So there was plenty of time for conversations in the car this morning. Here are a few of my favorites:


Mommy: Hey, [Big Sis] see all of those dandelions in that yard? I bet you would run out of breath trying to blow all of those guys!

Big Sis: Nah. I'd huff & puff. I'm like the Big Bad Wolf, you know.

.....................................................................................................................
Daddy: Bye girls. Be good for Mommy. Take a nap. I'll see you later! (closes door)

Little Sis: Bye Dad!

Mommy: (rolling down window) Did you hear her? Listen. Tell him again, [Little Sis]

Big Sister: Bye Daddy!

Little Sister: Bye Da Da! And Happy Birthday!!

.......................................................................................................................

Big Sister: (after watching me let a car merge in front of us) Who are we waving at?

Mommy: I don't know. I don't know him. I just let him have a turn in front of us, and he waved to say, "Thank you." I waved back to say "You're welcome."

Big Sister: (straining to hear me over the goofy Fred Penner cd) Did you say "You're welcome" or "I love you?"

Mommy: I waved to say "You're welcome." I don't love him. I don't know him... (Then, after a moment of thought) I mean... I love him because I'm supposed to love everybody because Jesus loves everybody. But not like I love you or Daddy.


1 comment:

DaddyClay said...

Just so you know... since it is my birthday, I am going to stop at the store on the way home and purchase an iPhone.