Friday, December 4, 2009

DEAR FTR

Big Sister wanted to "type" today after she played a game on the computer. So I pulled up Word, made the font huge, hit Caps Lock and let her at it.

A minute or so later, I checked in and this is what I found.

GODDEARFTR

She told me she was writing Dear God. She read it back to me "God, dear Father."

Then she asked me how to spell "Jesus" and then "the" and "son."

GODDEARFTR
JESUSTHESON

I kept waiting to see who would be next on this list; would she finish out the Trinity with some reference to the Spirit? Or would she go with her new favorite person in the Bible, Mary?

And furthermore, what what this list? Were these the people to whom she was writing? Or just those who were on her mind at the time? Was she praying? Proselytizing? Pondering?

I'll never know. Just as quickly as it came, it was gone. Replaced with her usual four-year-old "typing" which looks like this:

GYHUYIOHUIGYGYGHUHUHLKJLAKMSLAKJKKJHJHJHJHJHJEBHVFTGVVGVGJASBKGBWJEGJHJADGJABSDJSBAJSHVAHSVH

But for just a moment, I saw my kid thinking (and writing!) about God.

Pretty cool.

1 comment:

Lela Kay said...

How super sweet! Now, if they continue to do that in the rocky years of teenagedom! :-) BTW, plan to get started back to my blog after the first of the year. It's been CRAZY around here. . . I do miss my blogging time, though! Hope you all are doing well and enjoying the Christmas season!