Hooray! Our sick kitty is MUCH better. I know this for a number of reasons. For one, she has been off of her feeding tube and eating on her own for two weeks now. For another, she has stopped hiding under the bed and peeing in strange places. And lastly, she is now back to knocking things over in attempts to climb into windowsills and otherwise making it sound like there is an elephant on the loose in our house. Other than the poodle-esque hair do from all of the places they had to shave for IVs and such, she looks much better.
Of course we are relieved to have her back to normal, and we are also relieved to be finished with hour long tube feedings all day long. I gained such an appreciation and sympathy for caregivers of sick family members during this ordeal. Our situation, though expensive and time consuming, was only temporary and, let's be real, for a cat. My heart breaks for parents who are tending to their children this way, or wives their husbands, or whatever the case may be. Add on top of that the worrying about how to afford to take care of them and it would seem almost too much to bear. I'll be saying a special prayer for the people I know who are dealing with this and for God to show me how I can help. After all, I've got a lot more free time now that I don't have to tube-feed a cat!
No comments:
Post a Comment